Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tell the world.

World Organic

This is what I did with the money I haven't spent on booze.
:-)
Actually, I've been saving up. I haven't spent any money on skincare in ages. (Determined to use up everything in the bathroom cupboard.) A couple of days ago I got down to the dregs of my Trilogy - Enegizing face lotion. In a timely fashion, I also reached the dregs of my Neutrogena - Deep Clean foaming cleanser. So, at last I can order the stuff I've been dying to try from The Organic Skin Co!
I picked up some Calming Calendula Cream at a Sustainable Business Network showcase in town over summer (I also got to try out their other lovely products). It's brilliant stuff for eczema, and smells absolutely divine. Like lemon vanilla cheesecake! I've been desperately crushing the metal tube to try and get more out for weeks, while also eyeing up the website in anticipation of ordering more.
If you follow that link, you might notice a "summer series" special scroll past. (I certainly didn't notice it at first.) The general gist of it is that if you spend $100, they send you a set of River Veda stuff worth $94.50 for free! But I didn't quite realise this when I ordered myself a Calming Calendula Cream ($38), and a "Back to School" set (Organic Skin Co. Rosehip and Orange Day Moisturizer, Juniper Face Wash, and Almond Seed Face Exfoliant) which has disappeared off the website now, but was $75. plus $5.50 p&p. So, a rather extravagant $118.50!
Today, the cute little box arrived, with all the lovely extras! I am irrationally excited. The Freebies are from the other organic range sold by World Organic, called River Veda. A cleansing milk, lip balm and eye cream.
I gotta say, just tried out, Juniper Cleanser, Almond Exfoliant, Eye Cream and Lip Balm from River Veda, and Rosehip and Orange Day cream. My skin feels fricken amazing! And smells soooo good. All these super critical extracts and lovely organic bio-active things are awesome!
The exfoliant is very fine and wet compared to what I've been using, so you only need a tiny amount and it spreads really well and feels great.
Both ranges are Ecocert certified, and free from a whole range of nasties, and not tested on animals. Infact, everything carries the stamp of the Vegan Society, except for the Lip balm, (which contains beeswax).

When I find a new product I love, I just have to share.

*I should mention, I have not seen these for sale in any stores yet! They seem to be going the "Party Plan" route, and signing up consultants and beauticians. So, if you get a chance to try out the products, grab it!

No comments: