Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Here comes summer.

It's been all go lately. The little house is coming along in leaps and bounds.



Thanks Uncle Phil for the excellent work on the bathroom floor and walls! It was a pleasant surprise to find there was building paper on the walls.


I forgot to get a photo of the bathroom with all it's walls on, but it does look fab. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to attach the old fashioned pedestal sink to the wall. hmmm, no bolt holes! Oh well, it only cost a dollar.

My first solo-power-tools project was building a new laundry tub cabinet. Success!
Before


After

After

The compost pile in the back corner of the garden looks great now all the weeds are gone and it's been turned. It was a nice surprise to go down this weekend and find the bits of tin had been nailed over the worst of the holes in the weatherboards. Thanks guys!

I've had a really brilliant weekend down at the house by myself, very productive. Dug a little vege garden...


....with spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, corn and parsley.

Rebuilt the back steps....

....it's more like a little deck now. Can you tell how proud I am of it? I'm calling it the gin deck. Just big enough for a gin and tonic! And then I got even fancier and built steps on either side.

AND THEN, with the 12 concrete blocks that were excavated from the old steps I built a BBQ. Sort of.


Well, I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm sure it will be fine! Just in time for Labour Weekend too.


I don't know who or what the Rotowaro Legionaires were, but their sign was used as the backing for the old bathroom cabinet.


Pukemiro Moonrise.

See the way the moonlight reflects off the septic tank in an attractive manner? ;-) hehehe.

No comments: